Sunday, January 30, 2011

Underrated Makeup

I went to my local Rite Aid today to get some household products.  There weren't any good deals this week like BOGOfree or 40% off.  But I always do a round in the makeup section.  Well, I was glad I did.  I found this eye shadow palette by this brand called Giovi.  There were two types of palettes.  I got the one with browns and purples (I'm more prone to choosing those colors as those look better on brown eyes, in my opinion).  The other had more blues.


The price was $5.99.  The texture is very soft and pigmented but there may be some fallouts.  If you like shimmery eye shadows, this palette is perfect.  It isn't glittery or full of chunky glitter.  Instead, it is more glowy and makes you look wide awake.  Perfect for those who just pulled an all-nighter.


The eye shadows are embossed so that they look like jewels.  So pretty ^_____^

Swatches: Top of palette (left to right) The last color, a pretty champagne color, is similar to my skin tone so it doesn't show up that well.  I like it as a highlighter.  My favorites are 2, 5, 6, 7, 8.  These are swatched without a primer and you can see that they are good pigmentation.

Swatches: Bottom of palette (left to right).   I like the top row better because some colors on the bottom row look similar to each other and look a bit dull compared the top where the colors are more vibrant.  But that last color, the metallic smoky gray is hot!!!!

Look using this palette coming soon!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment