Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ELF Mineral Haul (Part 1)

I decided to separate my ELF Haul into two parts or else this post is going to turn into an essay.  First up are the mineral eyeshadows and eye brightener!
I love these!  They are so soft and pigmented.  Most of them are shimmery and a few are matte.  At first, it is hard to use them since they are pigments and are not pressed.  I prefer pressed eye shadows but I'm getting used to these.
Each shadow comes in a 0.03 oz pot with a sticker on the sifter.  I recommend not taking the entire sticker off but instead just pop a few of the holes.  I store them upside down because the name of the shadow is on the bottom.
Angelic- white shimmer
Glamorous- burgundy purplish color with shimmer
Earthy- olive tone with golden yellow shimmer
Beachy- royal blue shimmer (so pretty- blue is my favorite color if you can't tell from my user id)
Girly- pale purpley pink with shimmer
Mysterious- matte periwinkle blue with a fine overlay of shimmer (it's weird that ELF decided to put some shimmer in a matte shade)
Enchanting- matte brown with a fine overlay of shimmer
Golden- gold tone with shimmer
Temptress- matte pinkish brown
Buff (Eye Brightener)- matte yellowish nude color)

I love all of them but I just can't stop looking at Beachy.  These pigments were swatched on dry skin.  But they can be used wet to increase intensity.  

What is your favorite color?  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you did this. I just recently got 10 of these but I didn't get some of the ones that you did. I did get Beachy and WOW so pretty! I also have Glamorous, Angelic, and Golden all of which I loved. I see you got some matte ones. I didn't. How did those work out? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ms. Prettyful Girl: I actually did an eye look using Beachy and Mysterious, so stay tuned for it =)
    I like the matte ones as well. I found the matte ones are beautiful for day looks because they look less pigmented without all the shimmers. I read some not so good reviews about Mysterious but I love it.

    ReplyDelete