Saturday, May 14, 2011

HUGE ELF HAUL!!!

My ELF package came yesterday.  I was so excited.  I completed the order on Wednesday afternoon and it was shipped later in the day.  I am so impatient waiting for packages to arrive so for this ELF order, I stalk the FedEx website to see where my package is.  So onto the goodies!!!
=)

The ones I love:
This color is GORGEOUS!!!  I used to have the midnight one (it's a dark blue) but it was too dark.  This would be so perfect for spring and summer.  This color was recently released.

I got the Day 2 Night quad because emilynoel83 raved about it.  I can see why.  I love all of the colors in this quad.  I received the Drama quad as a free gift (hurray for freebies).  I love all of the colors here.  These quads are pigmented and creamy.  LOVEEE!

The color is so pretty.  It is a pink sheer color with gold shimmers.  It looks very natural.  The only thing I don't like is the packaging.  It took me awhile to know how to open it and when I did, it felt a little flimsy.  

 I was so lucky because these new studio blushes came out just before I completed my order.  I love every single one of them.  I almost have a complete collection of the studio blushes.  Giddy Gold is a bronzey peach color with shimmer.  Twinkle Pink is a hot pink with glitter (hence the name "Twinkle Pink").
The cream eyeshadow in Eggplant is a bit deceiving.  I expected a purpley tone but it;s more of a muddy brown.  But I like the texture.

I like these colors.  I don't have a lot of matte eyeshadows so these are great.  My favorite is Muted Mauve.  it is a pale powdery pink color.  Baked Berry is like a muddy brown (color is similar to the Eggplant cream eyeshadow).

 I LOVE MY MINERAL EYESHADOWS!!!  Every shadow is so pigmented.  You only need a small dab.  And they look multi-dimensional.  In different lighting, the colors look different.  Outdoorsy is so deceiving.  It looks like a foresty green in the packaging.  But when swatched, it's a gorgeous dark green that looks black in some lighting.  My camera failed to capture the gorgeousness of Outdoorsy.  It is dark green with gold, olive and even bronze shimmers.  This is a complex shade to describe.  Smoldering is a silvery blue color and Flirty is a bright cool-toned purple.  It reminds me of WetnWild Kitten but much more pigmented. 
I like me some lip glosses!!!  I love these colors.  They smell so delicious.  But they are a little sticky.  

Borderline:
 Beauty Encyclopedia in Sparkle Eye Edition
 Includes: 12 eyeshadows, 2 cream eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner in Coffee, 1 dual sided sponge tip applicator

 swatches galore:
I like most of the eyeshadows especially the 4 colors on the second row and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th color on the third row.  I HATED the 1st one on the third row.  I couldn't get a decent swatch because it was hard (literally).  I had to use my fingernail to scratch the surface.  And when I did get some color, it was crumbly.  =(

Don't like:

Look what happened to my Cherry Tart lip stick!!!  I twisted the applicator for the color to come up but the top broke off.  I couldn't get a proper swatch from it.  I wrote a email to ELF and hopefully they;ll get back to me.  
EDIT: Elf sent me a new Cherry tart lip stick.  This one is not damaged and I am loving it so far.  The color is red and is buildable.  It has a bit of a minty smell to it which I love.  For the damaged lipstick, I deposited it into a sample jar.  I don't want to waste a good product no matter how inexpensive it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment