Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mascara Review- Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

I just bought this mascara recently.  I have barely there bottom lashes so I want something that would make it look like I have some.  It costs $10 in Sephora.  The mascara is really small and portable (0.07 oz).  The mascara bottle is so cute.  It has a pretty black floral motif on the silver bottle.




(from Sephora):

What it is:
A mascara with a brush specifically designed for coating the bottom lashes.

What it does:
This mascara's brush was engineered to grasp even the tiniest of bottom lashes; its expert formula resists pesky smears.

The brush is pretty cool.  One side has longer bristles and the other side has shorter ones.  I got used to the brush.  I use the shorter bristle side first to coat my bottom lashes then use the other side to separate them.  I find the formula to be a little too wet and you will get clumpy lashes if you keep on building it up.  

Before applying mascara and curling lashes.  Try to find my barely visible lashes. =P
 After mascara and curling lashes.  The mascara coats the lashes nicely.  I have to try not to give it more than two coats or else my lashes stick together.  I was trying to use it on my top lashes that we curled but the mascara was too small or the formula was too wet so it weighed down the curl.  I was hoping I could also use the mascara for the outer edge of my top lashes.  
This is the third coat.  See how my lashes stick together?  Yuck =(

Overall, this mascara is good for bottom lashes only.  The wet formula makes the lashes weigh down so it's good for the bottom lashes and BAD for the top lashes.  I like the wand.  It coats and separates each lashes nicely.  

EDIT: I returned the mascara.  I'm not a big fan of Clinique to begin with (ex: eye shadows, lip glosses) so I guessed I was thrown off with the gimmick thing.  Or maybe because there is no help for my super short lower lashes.  And the hunt continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment